Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Tangled Wood

I've been rather quiet recently... and for good reason! I've been frolicking in a Welsh Valley, painting temples with Tibetan goddesses. 

And giving offerings of joy, music and artwork. 
So, here is my offering of artwork to you folk

I've been drooling over a tanglewood guitar recently, and double basses (upright basses for my American friends) I'm still crazily in love with the double bass. This stint away has rekindled my joy for music, singing and playing guitar, and the yearning for a double bass never really went away. 

A doodle from today




A sketchbook page from recent times
 


I'm still in love with Esperanza Spalding and Raphael Saadiq... check them out on youtube,
especially Esperanza's gig in San Sebastian


Wales was incredible, I learned a lot about myself, and learned a load of new skills, like branding (with a hot iron, not graphic design), a bit of basket weaving, a bit of carving/whittling, flint knapping, and how to be more of my wild wild self. I made a puppet out of things I found laying around after everyone had left, and had a lot of fun dancing.

What can I say? I'm definitely heading back next year!

 Double bass in hand hopefully! Ready to perform a little number or two!



No comments:

Post a Comment