Sunday, 9 September 2012

Happiness


What is this? A new post? A new post... with a new drawing? Heaven forbid! 


This handsome gent has recently stepped into my life from across the ocean :) 
Which I am ever so grateful for! Such a lovely chap, couldn't ask for better. So thank you Athen for hopping across the ocean to see little ol' me! Hopefully I'll be visiting Vermont in the coming months... how exciting!

We had a fantastic 2 1/2 weeks here in Falmouth... I think I've seen more of Falmouth and the surrounding area and done more than I have in my 3 years at university! Its been great to have someone to show around and do fun things with... we even took a very spontaneous trip to London, and did a tour of Stonehenge, Windsor Castle & Bath... which was AMAZING! 

I've finally had some time to sit down (an evening with no restaurant job... hurrah!) and do some drawing for myself... so naturally, a portrait of the fella himself :) Been sea swimming, dancing in my room and reading. A great restorative evening!

Well... lets hope that this post is the first of many updates... with more artwork! Should have some new illustrations in the pipeline for 'When the Tree Flew' by Gabrielle Jonas soon! Just working on tree characters, and then its the home run of the last 3 illustrations! They're going to be some of the best of the series I can tell!

WELL. I'm going to get back to drawing! wahoo!


2 comments:

  1. Great drawing - great post! Who's this chappy then?! He is very handsome indeed! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's called Athen :) and is a little bit fantastic, not quite sure if there is anything more to say! Lives in Vermont, crazy good guitarist, likes to draw, loves good tea, pretty perfect really! :D Can't wait to go and see him in winter!

      Delete