Saturday, 12 May 2012

New York, New York

So it is time to whip out the unoriginal title that many a Falmouth student may have used as a blog title before. 
It is also time to fly the nest, to head to New York for our professional practice week, to visit publishers and agents and artists alike. There will be fun, frivolity and a good amount of eating and drinking to be done. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on some pancakes and real NY cheesecake... while others are hitting up the burger bars and pizza joints. 
I can't wait! And I don't have to! We leave tonight at 11.45pm on the coach to London to get our connecting flight at 10am to New York City! 
I'm very glad to be meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in ages (the lovely Hadley Seymore) and getting shown a few choice spots. 
I'm not looking forward to getting up at 6.30am on the Monday to reach my first appointment, but nevertheless... in the city that never sleeps perhaps I was a bit too optimistic on just how much sleep I might manage to achieve.

Still, its all very exciting, a great adventure, and one of the last things I'll do as a student! So, this week should really sum up the name of this blog. Now just to find out some things to do in NY! 

Over and out


No comments:

Post a Comment