Friday, 9 March 2012

Quotes Finished! Le Quattro Volte & Weekend Off!

Blimey! Thank goodness for that. Quotes book is now finished, heralding the last final piece of prescribed work (apart from professional practice! But thats fine.)
I'm pretty pleased with it, as it is one of the first times I think I have successfully done a far away background. There is kinda a midground, and there is a foreground, but mid are fore kinda get mixed up a bit... they weren't lying when they said greens are hard to do and get enough variety within them. 
As much as I'm happy with the painting I don't feel that it is a very serious natural history painting at all, to me it feels more narrative. However, there are lessons to be learned in every painting that you do.

So I will be having a close look over the weekend at natural history scenes and what makes them different to narrative scenes based around the natural world.

So, without further ado,
A final piece! Yay!


"The grass is always greener on the other side"

Can't wait to see everyone's in print! 


Le Quattro Volte is looking to be a fantastic film, I'm waiting for it to arrive, the cinematography looks wonderful!

I've been given the weekend off from work! Hooray! So I can get on with some illustration stuff! Yipee!

Hoping to have a good weekend and another final piece done by the end of next week :D

hope everyone has a great weekend!

over & out
x

1 comment:

  1. Loving the comical bird! This is a great painting Steph, well done.

    ReplyDelete