Sunday, 26 February 2012

A Breakthrough! Quotes & Sayings

Well well, it's been quite a while since the last update (barring the bake sale poster).
It feels like forever since I actually sat down to paint a final image. 
So I'm happy to announce that I've had a breakthrough with work. I've been ill the past couple of weeks with a cold/virus thing that completely knocked me out. That and one trip to the hospital later, I seem to be doing alright, and getting back on track with work.

So what is my quote?
"The grass is always greener on the other side"
I know, its not the most imaginative of quotes but it works well with what I have planned for it.
So, this won't be a full page illustration, but it will span both pages. 
So I used the gutter as a device, and the monkey is trying to reach the bright juicy fruit on the other side of the page. 

This is actually fun to paint! 

So here is the rough under-painting










More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment