Thursday, 1 September 2011

Inspired Food, New Sites & Delicious Things

Wow!
I've had a great day! I made a fantastic dinner, dessert too!


Ingredients- 1 acorn squash (I used a variety called celebration)
2 tbs brown sugar,
1 tbs organic honey,
2 cloves garlic,
1tsp salt,
dash of fresh ground pepper,
vegan butter (I used soya butter)
1 spring onion 
1 small slice of red pepper



Cut the squash in half, scoop out the pips and the middle (save it all, you'll use it in a minute)
preheat your oven to 200 degrees c. 
place both halves of the squash face down on a lined baking tray.
bake for 30mins.

While that is going on, get your pips and middle you scooped out of the squash, add the sugar, butter, garlic, honey, salt, ground pepper and onion. Mix it all together until well combined.

When the 30mins is up, take the squash out of the oven, turn it over and scoop the mixture you just made into the center of the squash. 
Then place the squash back in the oven for 20mins.

Remove from the oven and plate up!


I chopped up some red pepper, coriander and garnished with some whole rocket leaves.
Then I dribbled extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar around the plate, added a tablespoon of chutney (spicy tomato and caramelized red onion works well)
And voilá!

Demolished!



I made a wordpress blog today,
Same one as here, just has better links to my shop and portfolio. 

I'll still be updating this one. And that one.

I also have twitter now, 
So say hi!














No comments:

Post a Comment