Monday, 29 August 2011

Heligan, Cookbook & Tea Festival

So for the past week I've been in Plymouth and then my mum and auntie came to visit here in Falmouth. It's been a really lovely time, and great to have caught up with them and spent some quality time with them, even though I was really tired and a bit grumpy (but thats pretty much usual anyway).

We went to Heligan, and it was amazing, they've managed to do so much in 20 years, it really is fantastic, as usual, I loved the jungle section and the vegetable garden. Its really inspiring, and I would love to be employed as a gardener, I think it would be really rewarding. 

I took my big camera to try and get used to it again after having not really used it for 2 years.
It was great to try out different things, but I also think the auto-focus is a bit buggered. Hmm.

So here are a select few photographs from the day, some I'm quite proud of.




















My cookbooks should arrive tomorrow, hooray!

I framed my print of tabasco sauce, now all i need to do is hang it somehow.

The tea festival was pretty nice, though they really could have advertised it more, and signposted it.
I didn't get charged for entry like it said I would on the poster.
So despite some poor organisation, it was ok.
I learned how to charleston, and I didn't damage my retro seamed stockings, so all is well in the world.
Got to chill out with David, Kathy and Max at the tea stall, so was a great afternoon when the sun came out!

Hope you've all had a great bank holiday!
I'll be putting up recent sketchbook pages next!
x



No comments:

Post a Comment