Friday, 27 May 2011

Visual Studies, My Second Year Desk & New Paper

Some of the better work from visual studies









And I realise that we're now 2 weeks away from the end of the second year, but I thought ahead before I took down my desk this year, and got a final photo of it in all its glory.
Not as good as the year before (my own personal mini-museum) but it did ok.




This is the new paper I bought for natural history illustrations, so far, its the best that I've found to replace the schollershammer that is now discontinued.
If anyone knows of some super smooth good quality watercolour paper then get in touch!



Oh, and here are 2 tracks from my friend Chimzy in Nigeria, give him a listen people!
  01 afurum gi naya by Stephanie Ayres

  Bank Roll Mp3 by Stephanie Ayres

Ok, onto the next!

2 comments:

  1. Color studies! love color studies! and always look forward to your blog posts. I love using Hot Pressed Fabriano Artistico Extra white paper haha wow long name, in case you want to give it a try :)

    http://www.dickblick.com/products/fabriano-artistico-bright-white-watercolor-block/

    I should do some figure drawing! is been a while for me tsk tsk shame on me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Romina! I'll check out that paper when money allows!
    I'm so sad that our last 2 life drawings are in the next 2 weeks.. so so sad! I might even go to a few of the first years sessions. Our life drawing teacher is retiring, and 3rd years don't get life drawing sessions anyway unless you sneak in on the 1st and 2nd year seshes! Rubbish!

    ReplyDelete