Monday, 13 December 2010

Week alone in Fal, Patch & New Small Paintings.

Back from my 1 day visit home to meet the new dog Patch. I have no photos as of yet, but can assure you he is adorable. 18months old, black lab collie cross, loves to sleep on my bed, snuggled into my side. I read my book while he dreams frantic dreams of chasing rabbits. What more could a girl want?
I wish I could just bring him back to Falmouth to live. That would be lovely.

So I'm back in Falmouth until Saturday, and I'm all alone in the house. Which is nice, and altogether not nice at the same time. I'm jumpy at the best of times, so being in a big dark deserted house at night isn't the most relaxing place to be when you're on your own. Anyway I'm sure it will be fine once I get into the swing of things.

I've started painting small postcard studies of things, as I find this helps me get a better feel for putting things together before I attempt anything big. At the least, its a good way to pass the time, and I get some fun little cards out of it. 
I might set up an etsy shop once I can get my head around perhaps printing them on good card in good quality... might make a nice present for someone.
Anyway, here's the second one I did... for David and Kathy Collen down at 'The Essence of Tea' in Falmouth. 

And a bluer version... because I can't do colour matching very well.


I should hopefully be blogging regularly this week with bits and bobs that I have drawn. Hopefully once a day... but we'll see how that goes! 

Finally got my mits on James Gurney's Colour and Light... went home and collected it...now time to devour it this week!

All the best,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment