Saturday, 24 April 2010

Bobby brushtail, Life Drawing & Flowers


Life drawings from the past 3 sessions
Rob, Dave & Miriam.


Getting better at blind contours... the  proportions seem to be a bit better, even if the different parts are disjointed.  Here are some prints from the etching of the Rhinoceros beetle... finally got around to printing them.


More updates from the sketchbook soon. 

Recently had the private view of our illustrated books, it went well, and I think the 2nd and 3rd years were impressed at the quality of our books. 

I have chosen to illustrate the book 'Perfume' for my next project, in the style of a special edition from the portfolio society. I'm excited to get started, and anxious to see what I can achieve inbetween going to get treated for Leishmaniasis up in Londons Tropical Disease Clinic.
I just want to get better before I head off to Ecuador again and bring something else back!

Well the weather has been lovely in Falmouth, I hope it continues to do so. I've been cave exploring and had a nice ice cream on the beach. 

I can't believe how short this term is going to be... an 8 week project, and already we're down to 7 weeks. 
I guess that means less time until I go to Ecuador :) But less time to prepare myself.

Its the last stretch, and I don't want to fall at the last hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment