Sunday, 24 January 2010

Oil Painting, Illustrated Book & Quechua Corrections!

Ok, second post in a week, not bad going I think. Soooooo..... what have I got for you today? A small oil painting, another spread from my illustrated book, and some corrections to last post's quechua  (kichwa) lesson!






The oil painting in my personal sketchbook... got a bit messy as I had to close my book before it had properly dried. Thankfully they're water based oils, so they dry a tad faster than real oils.




'Bear vs Monkey'
This was the outcome from painting over one of my duplicated life drawings (see 2 posts back).



And this is the last page of my illustrated book. I think it needs a bit of tweaking, but thats not a problem, it can all be done in photoshop :) I'm yet to put in any of the text to the spreads, as I think I'll be doing that on the computer. It may be that this image gets reduced down a bit to fit in some more detail from the original drawing, and to get things sitting nicer on the page. We'll see!

What else what else! Ah yes, corrections to the previous Kichwa lesson.

number 5 is infact - pichika, not pichka
number 8 is spelled pusak, not pushak
number 9 is pronounced isgun, but spelled ishkun

number 10 is pronounced chunga, but spelled chunka

ok, so I think that is all the corrections... remember that most 'k's are pronounced as we would a 'g'.

Let me know if you would like to continue with Kichwa lessons, I'll probably continue as I learn anyway, but let me know if you're interested and I'll make a more concerted effort to learn faster! 

Max is away for a week, so unless I can get hold of Flavio or Geranio, no more kichwa for a week.

Hope that's satisfied your tastebuds this Sunday, I shall see you soon with more stuff for you to devour! 
I may include some recipes here soon... for ecuadorian dishes, and maybe just tasty bean recipes for students on a budget! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment