Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Decisions, Work & Frustration

Hi there! I've been a bit quiet recently... thats because of some rather unexpected things, not having a scanner here, and not really having any work to show you. I'm in a slump at the moment. Plus I'm working at the care home again, so busy days, and not much time before I go to sleep at night. Though, this is doing my bank balance some good. I will soon be booking my plane tickets for Ecuador, so things should be a whole lot more set out! I am attempting to spend a few weeks with GVI again, if they will have me back. At the moment the savings are at a healthy £640ish. Thats not taking into account the other 8 shifts I have done at work recently. So things are on the up and up. I think I have made the decision to leave my big camera behind for this trip. Its a tough decision, as the photographer in me is screaming out, saying 'WHAT? YOU'RE GOING TO THE AMAZON AGAIN AND YOU'RE NOT TAKING YOUR BIG CAMERA? WHAT AWESOME PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES THERE ARE OUT THERE!' and then the person inside me that doesn't want to have to shell out for insurance for it, or have to sort it out again after I come back home says... nah you can do without it, just take the little canon. So... I think the little one will make life so much simpler, and I won't feel like I have to document things so much and faff about with a big camera. Plus the little one is lighter! And less worry of it getting damaged or stolen.  So thats a big weight off my mind and my back! Hopefully I can just take in the experience and enjoy it for what it is. 

My new years resolutions should be a whole lot easier when the plane tickets are bought and things are more certain:

1.) Have FUN!
2.) Learn Spanish
3.) Play games
4.) Do what makes me Happy
5.) Have FUN!

None of this must lost weight, or give up chocolate or anything like that rubbish. Weight loss should come naturally if I'm out having fun and playing football, doing yoga, etc etc.
So yes... I invite you all to make good new years resolutions that you will enjoy fulfilling! The happier we make ourselves, the easier it is to do the harder things in life.

I am strangely welcoming of going back to university... I guess it means that I don't have to work at the care home for a start, and secondly I can get back to doing stuff for the course, and spanish class, and football! Things SHOULD be a lot easier. I am also going to turn a new leaf and try not to be so static with my artwork... a lot more painting I think, and not so much photoshop.

So here's to a happy new year everyone! Think positive, be happy and most importantly of all... be yourself!

Cheers for all the support!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment