Sunday, 22 November 2009

Emotional Weather Report, The Weekend & Lounging About


Here's the new conceptual thinking project, illustrating a song by Tom Waits 'Emotional Weather Report'. Not too bad once I gave up on making myself do it in gouache.

Other than doing this all weekend, I've not done much. The weather is terrible, and so...yeah. Lounging around the flat. Watching documentaries. Eating. Sleeping. Reading. Wondering which project to start first. Attempting to draw rhinos. I'm glad the conceptual thinking project is out of the way, now I can concentrate on trying to teach myself to paint, and learn Spanish. I spoke to Max on skype for the first time, so that was nice after 5 months of just emails, its good to be able to speak again. :)

Thats it for now! Can't wait to see Ben and Hazel this week, can't wait for a thanksgiving meal, and Alan Male's lecture on evolutionary illustration! Hurrah! Good week ahead. Its life drawing this week too which always makes me happy. And I technically have a free day tomorrow because I've finished my project, so I can work on my illustrated book! Yay!!!!!

Ciao for now x

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I really like this piece - so much so that I've borrowed it to go along with a Tom Waits post over on my blog: http://somematt.wordpress.com/2010/12/19/december-treats-day-19/

    Hope that's ok. I've linked back here for it, and all!

    Cheers!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats ok Matt thanks for thinking of me! One thing though, my last name is Ayres not Ayers...common mistake! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete