Thursday, 22 October 2009

More Rare Animals, Etchings & The Start of Something Beautiful

Here we have some rare breeds... I'm aiming to do 2 more, a tortoise beetle & a monkey beetle... then my awesome flatmate kate is going to find out about making it into a t-shirt for me! Very exciting! Can't wait to get to wear it around. Plus they have some really lovely printing techniques which means no horrible plasticy feel to the shirts. woop! I may take it into the illustration gallery and see if they would be willing to sell them... then I'll work out costings etc etc... let me know if you'd be interested in one! T-shirts called 'the entomologists dream'. Also, when I've posted the final image to be printed, could people give me an opinion on whether they should be done as one animal per t-shirt, or all on one? Maybe both!


Tiger Beetle


Rhinoceros Beetle

Giraffe Weevil

I bought some perspex the other day, and started making plates for printing... I'm thinking about using that as a technique for the illustrated book... in some parts. Unfortunately the uni doesn't have any scrim, so the prints came out quite poorly. Better luck next time eh?

Apart from this little project, I have an essay to write and an illustration on beard phobia (pogonophobia) to do. Should be interesting. This week has flown by, I can't believe its Friday tomorrow. Still, onwards with work! I realised that in the past month I have done more work than I've probably done in this past year. Crazy huh? Lets hope this motivation carries on. More sketchbook work due soon, got some tasty offerings.
I'm hoping to get back into some photoshop work, time permitting, but we shall see.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment