Sunday, 25 October 2009

Bob the dog, Vintage fleamarket & Sleepover at Hadders

An eventful weekend! Beginning on Friday night with visits from numerous people, Natalie, Aimee, Evan and Hassan! Watched lots of Attenborough, me and Hassan managed to correctly identify the bird calls! And I drew a monkey beetle:



On Saturday me and Hassan ventured to the fleamarket to take in the delights. I ended up buying a lovely feather earring from Africa!

Hassan bought lots of purple clothes and nearly bought a massive Michael Jackson jacket. In the antique store round the corner, I searched for a pocket watch, and found a lovely one... for £2! Bargain awesomeness.



Unfortunately I realised that my Yachana frog necklace was splitting... right through the frog's heart. So it will remain in my treasure box, for fear of it breaking apart and me losing part of it.


A quick lesson in kichwa for those who are interested! -
Some basic words/phrases and how to say them:
Imasnata kanki (imm-ass-na-ta can-gi) - How are you?
Imata rurarkanki kuna (imm-ah-ta roo-rar-can-gi goo-nah)- What did you do....?
Maimandata kanki (my-man-dah-ta can-gi) - Where do you come from?
Masma huatata charingui ( mass-ma h-wah-tah-ta cha-rin-gi) - How old are you?
Ima shutita kanki (ee-ma shoo-tee-ta can-gi)- What is your name?
Sumakmi kanki (soo-makk-me can-gi) - You are beautiful.
Sumak Allpa (soo-makk al-pah)- Beautiful mountain
Allku (al-coo)- Dog/Wolf
Atallpa (at-al-pah)- Chickens
Raposa (rah-poh-sa) Fox
Usu (ooh-soo)- Bear
Anga (ann-gah)- Eagle
Mana (mah-nah)- Not
Sambayaska chukanki (sam-by-ask-ah choo-can-gi) - Are you tired?
Allichukanki (ah-yee-choo-can-gi)- It is ok.
Sapo (sah-po)- Frog/Toad
Grillu (gree- yu)- Cricket (animal)
Yakumanda Ahichawa (yah-coo-man-dah ah-ee-chah-wah)- Fish
Yaku (yah-coo)- River
Yura (yu- rah)- Tree
Huasi (hoo-ah-see)- House
Yachana (yah-chah-nah)- School

So there we are! You all know some Kichwa now :D



Then we had pasties and cake, and made our way to Jam Cafe for a drink and a draw. There we found Bob the dog, an 8 month old black labrador who is afraid of walks without his lovely lady owner. Ever so cute, ever so attentive.


I love the old stove at Hadley's house, so cosy and quaint.


After this, I went to Hadley's where she made a lovely beef and kale curry (yum yum), and dyed my hair after much hilarity and threats of torture. Photos for proof:


in the process of hair dying, I turned into Igor, and could not see above a certain height... namely the height of the shelf that all my possessions were on.


And then after awesome hair colour had been applied, dried etc, me and Deva had a little guitar sing along, and Hadley gave me an amazing massage.
Hair dye success!

(My 3x3 Magazine in Deva's Room)

Feeling thoroughly pampered, and rejuvenated, we retired downstairs for a spot of girly gossip/ crazy life stories. After a few hours, I called it a night and fell asleep on my fort of cushions. In the morning, I had eggy soldiers! A perfect end to a lovely weekend. Guess I should really do some university work, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment